Low Profile Concrete Barrier – LPCB
Low profile concrete barrier is used in construction areas where speed limits are 45 mph or lower and are available in 20″ lengths. The minimal visual impact of low-profile barriers can be used to establish defined workspaces that provide increased safety for workers, and shield drivers from trees, light poles, and other fixed roadway features.
- Pedestrians, workers, and drivers all benefit from LPB protection since it improves visibility and offers positive protection.
- LPB can provide protection for a variety of road users, as well as workers who are in close proximity to traffic, whereas the typical F-shape barrier with end treatment might hinder line of sight.
General Specs For Low Profile Concrete Barrier:
- LPB are approved for use in temporary work zone locations, where the posted speed is 45 mph, or less
- Concrete shall be Class H with minimum compressive strength of 3,600 psi
- Where used, rebar reinforcement shall be grade 60 and conform to ASTM A615
- Precast barrier length shall be 20 ft.
- All precast barrier edges shall have a 3/4″ chamfer or tooled radius
- All steel assemblies for joint shall be galvanized after fabrication in accordance with item 445, “Galvanizing”