F-Shape Concrete Barrier – CSB-F-Shape
The F-Shape Concrete Barrier is a concrete crash barrier originally designed to divide lanes of traffic on highways. The lower sloped face redirects vehicles under low impact conditions, promoting better vehicle stability while maintaining vehicle direction. In crash tests, the F-Shape Concrete Barrier has proven to be more successful in preventing rollover of smaller vehicles.
- A large mass of reinforced concrete absorbs impact and resists penetration through a controlled deflection of the barrier.
- A gently sloped ramp, which tends to raise the impacting vehicle. Contact with the undercarriage causes the vehicle to slow down rapidly while being returned safely to its original line of travel.
- Summit Precast Concrete is a licensed fabricator of the JJ-Hook Connection System.
General Specs For F-Shape Concrete Barrier:
- Multiple connection systems are available, including the JJ-Hook
- Concrete shall be Class H with minimum compressive strength of 3,600 psi
- Where used, rebar reinforcement shall be grade 60 and conform to ASTM A615
- Precast barrier length shall be 30 ft. unless otherwise specified on the plans
- All precast barrier edges shall have a 3/4″ chamfer or tooled radius
- All steel assemblies for joint shall be galvanized after fabrication in accordance with item 445, “Galvanizing”